You may vote by absentee ballot in Alabama if:
- You will be absent from the county on Election Day.
- You are ill or have a physical disability that prevents a trip to the polling place.
- You are a registered Alabama voter who is temporarily living outside the county (such as a member of the armed forces, a voter employed outside of the United States, a college student, or a spouse or child of such a person).
- You are an appointed election officer or poll watcher at a polling place other than your regular polling place.
- You work a required shift - 10 hours or more - that coincides with polling hours.
- You are a caregiver for a family member who is confined to the home.
- You are incarcerated but otherwise eligible to vote.